Ordering Tickets for Same Day Departure
The popular online travel sites make it easy to order tickets electronically.
It’s a convenient and fast process that can be finalized within a few minutes.
This option is extremely beneficial for those who are under severe time pressure and need to get it done quickly without unnecessary hassles or delays.
Here’s how the process generally works:
- The first step is to enter a reputable travel reservation site and go directly to the airline ticket section.
- Choose your desired domestic or international flight type from the specified options: one way, round trip or multiple cities.
One-way tickets are a good idea for open-ended travel and for people who are not sure about their actual return date. Round trip plane tickets entitle the passenger to fly to his chosen destination and back again (usually over the same route). If you have more than just a single destination, choosing a multi-stop flight offers the ability to enter the individual legs of your overall itinerary.
- Select your origin and destination airports, either by specifying a country, U.S. state, city or a specific airport.
- Pick departure and return dates.
- Define how many tickets you would like to buy and for what types of passenger categories: adults, seniors and children.
- Choose your desired class: coach, premium economy, business or first class.
- Some online travel brokers offer additional search options, like to limit the results to direct flights only (which are obviously more comfortable, but also more expensive), to return to or from another city or airport or to get results from a specific, defined airline.
After setting the search criteria with the customer’s personalized info, the website will provide the results and the desired tickets can then be purchased online using a valid credit card.
The user can choose which offer to take according to his own preferences and priorities.
While some people will naturally go for the lowest airfare rates in order to maximize their saving, others will prefer other factors like a more convenient departure or arrival time, a preferred airline, airport location, less stops, free class upgrades, etc.
Just before finalizing the order and obtaining the paperless electronic tickets, the customer will be able to provide more information about certain travel aspects like seat type preference (aisle, window or any), meal instructions and desired special services to passengers with disabilities.