The Process: How Does It Work?
There are 3 simple steps:
1. Select tests and place an order, either online or by phone.
2. Choose one of the many labs in your area and get tested by providing a blood and / or urine sample.
3. Get the results quickly online.
Same-Day STD Test Benefits
- 100% private, secure and confidential.
- Tests usually take just a few minutes.
- Results can be delivered quickly, as soon as within 1 to 2 days.
- Thousands of convenient testing centers nationwide. Choose one which is near you.
- In some cases, no appointment scheduling is needed.
- FDA-approved tests for men, women and couples.
- Fast and easy ordering – either online or by using the phone.
- Competitive and affordable pricing.
- Doctor counseling and treatment option information – if tested positive.
- Avoid an embarrassing situation with the family doctor or crowded waiting rooms.
- No insurance reporting – unless you use your insurance policy.
- At home STD testing kit availability (with some services).
There are 2 common test types that an individual can choose to take.
The first, a comprehensive test panel that tests for the most frequent sexually transmitted diseases, which is a great choice for people who look for maximum peace of mind.
Alternatively, there’s an option to select individual tests, in case there is a concern regarding a specific infection, such as:
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
- HIV Antibody
- HIV Early Detection
- Oral Herpes
- Genital Herpes 1 (HSV-1)
- Genital Herpes 2 (HSV-2)
STD Test Insurance Coverage
Tests can be taken privately, which means that the payment for the service is made out of pocket, with no insurance involvement.
Alternatively, at least in some cases, it can be fully or partly covered by the customer’s health insurance company, so if you have a plan with one of the popular providers, like Blue Cross Blue Shield, United Healthcare, Aetna, Cigna, Anthem, Humana, Highmark , Kaiser Permanente, Premera or Regence, call them and ask if they will cover the STD screening.